Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

It's Over


I've expressed plenty of introspection on why my particular fetish arose. I understand where it came from and why it grew. And if I could sum it up in a single word, it would be "misunderstanding." Human beings are sexual even before puberty. And because of their extremely young age, children can become sexually confused. While I do believe that genetic abnormalities can arise that make someone homosexual, something that goes way beyond choice, a fetish isn't genetic but simply a misconception that happens at a vulnerable, impressionable time.

Any guy who has a fetish for tights has a very strong impression of the tights having a feminine identity. When you wear a pair of footless running tights made for male athletes, do you find yourself reacting the same way?  I suspect 99% of the time not. Take a pair of footed tights and enclose them in male oriented packaging and the power of the fetish dissipates into nothing.

I went through a phase during this past winter of wearing tights underneath my pants whenever I could. What I found was that most of the time I was not only conscious of wearing them, I was often uncomfortable. Because the extra warmth is welcome while walking outside in severely cold weather, but it's a bother when you're indoors. Not only that, because of how the waistbands are typically constructed on women's tights, they often roll over (because men's waists aren't as contoured as women's) and make them a pain to deal with.

What I eventually began to discover is that I wasn't happy wearing them under my pants. And as I began to get more in touch with how this whole thing started off as a "misunderstanding", I couldn't escape the idea of reframing how I see it.  I had an epiphany.  To clear it all up and reset to a "proper" understanding.

It has been a month now and I'm happy to report that I'm there. Tights are just fabric. A skin tight garment that covers the lower half of the body as a mode of fashion for women. It works for them, and no wonder why as they're so popular. They don't work for men based on male clothing styles. I think guys in shorts with tights clad legs showing look ridiculous. The only "plausible" use I can see is as a sleep garment on very chilly nights. They actually can help in that way. Otherwise...

So I'm done. The cycle is over. It took a while... longer than I would have liked. But in a number of ways I feel freed from something that distressed me for far too long (worrying about having this "aberration" and having to deal with fear of rejection). Time to move on.  And with that, this blog is done.  Thank you for reading and best of luck!

6 comments:

  1. I would disagree with your assessment that loving pantyhose/tights as a man is an aberration. I think your fascination and passion for them ebb and flow. You always feel like you have to somehow get over it to be normal, but what is normal? You may go dormant for awhile (even years), but it will be back in some form or fashion. For an interesting discussion with others who have a passion for the pantyhose lifestyle go check out the Panty Hose Share Club a great social site for those who have been through and continue to go through this lifestyle. http://pantyhoseshareclub.net

    But regardless of what I think, wishing you the best Nyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The reason why I called it an aberration is because it arose from a misunderstanding. My imagination endowed a value to the tights that wouldn't normally exist. If my mother hadn't dressed me in them, or if my memory of my early experiences wearing them wasn't so strong, I'm sure I never would have developed an interest.

      You are right in that the interest can ebb and flow. A lot of it depends upon psychological circumstances. I did have a lonely period that sparked interest again but it was brief. However, my interest and desire in seeing women wear them will probably never end. That is the real draw... to the female body. The turn on of seeing an athletically fit woman clad in tights or a unitard is too much to ignore. ;-)

      Anyway, thanks for the link. I'll have to check it out sometime.

      Delete
  2. I actually just discovered your blog and I really love your honest and candid approach to your pantyhose fetish. I hope I can convince you here to come back soon and write some more. Don't leave me hanging!

    Anyway, I do wish you the best moving on forward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your nice comments. :-)

      Since my last post, there hasn't really been anything worth noting. I doubt that will change but if it does I'll come back to follow-up. Good luck to you!

      Delete
  3. Finally came across your blog and want to say bravo and thanks! It was a beautiful description of coming to terms with your fetish. I have been going through the same process and your honest description and analysis have been very helpful. Hope you are doing well.

    All the best,

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Paul. I'm glad that some of what I wrote was helpful to you. That was my main intent... that if a guy who may have followed down a similar road with this fetish might stumble upon my writings, that it may help shed light on his own situation.

      There is nothing really wrong with having a fetish, especially one has harmless as this one. The ultimate situation is to be able to embrace it while not letting it interfere with normal sexual relations. And if your partner is open and understanding enough to allow you to indulge, that's a major win-win.

      Btw, great video of Pretzel France! :-D

      Delete