Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

The fate of Suburban Tites

I made one last check of my mother's drawer and the yellow tights were not there.  I had no clue as to what she did with them.  Maybe she tossed them?  Maybe my sister did?  Certainly they'd have much less meaning to them than they would to me.  For them, it's just a garment not much different than underwear or socks.  Haven't you ever thrown out a pair of socks you don't wear any more, even though they're still in good enough condition to be worn?  For me, the tights were an extra enjoyment my family would never understand.  To me, they had value. But whatever the case, they were gone.

I made another round of the attic and found nothing.  There was just one last place to look, and that was the top shelves of my sister's closet.  My mother still had some old clothes stashed away up there.  So, with the house to myself, I got a tall chair and started rummaging.  Sure enough, I finally found something promising.  Some garments layered tightly together, with some of them in a black soft nylon material.  There were two pairs of black DANSKIN tights!  I was ecstatic.  I extracted them from the pile and put everything back as it was, climbed down off the chair, put that back, then trotted off to my room.




What a peculiarity.  The waistband tag on one said DANSKIN in large lettering, but on the other, "DANSKIN" was much smaller with a larger "SUBURBAN TITES" lettered above it.  It was funny to see tights spelled that way.  Maybe they ran out of room on the tag?  But what does "Suburban" mean? [I didn't know about this word at the time, how it refers to the outskirts of a large city].  Anyway, the tights were the same size, and about the same in terms of styling.  There were just minor fabric and styling differences.  I quickly shed my clothes and put on the first pair.  They fit pretty well, but the nylon was kind of thick and coarse compared to other tights I'd worn.  These didn't feel like typical soft DANSKIN tights.  Next, I tried on the "SUBURBAN TITES" style.  These were a little better.  The material was softer, but they didn't remain as opaque when stretched more.  But, what should I complain about?  I had two pairs of black tights all to myself!  At least, until...

* * * * * * * *

[About two weeks later, I'd had some kind of social problem... a girl I really liked went cold on me, and I couldn't figure out why.  Asking her very nicely to tell me what I did wrong only seemed to make things worse, as she became more annoyed with me and then outright blew me off when I insisted to know.  Oh the anguish of social subtleties; if you don't get it, you're out of luck.  There are some things you're just expected to get and that's it.  If you don't, then you have to have a friend who is willing and able to explain it.  If not, you're left perpetually in the dark.  Girls have a kind of power over boys and they won't dare let them in on any of their secrets!  It's a form of cruelty, not all that far off from bullying.]

I'd enjoyed the tights a few more times, but with the last one I was particularly angry with myself afterward.  I was feeling like the tights are ruining me somehow, making me less appealing to girls.  They don't know I sometimes wear tights, so how could they possibly sense anything?  And yet... what is it?  I am a good looking boy.  Yeah I'm not as forceful and confident as some other boys.  But dammit... it's those tights that are making me less of a man, right?  I'll bet that is it.

I grabbed the tights out of my special stash spot and looked at them.  I put the less comfortable tights on and stared at myself.  I felt absolutely NOTHING.  No arousal, no "good feeling" like I'd had before.  And that's when the idea came to me.  I went to my mother's room and got a nice big pair of silver metal sewing scissors.  I went back into my room, sat down on my bed and looked at the length from my waist to my toes.  Tights.  "What are these tights doing on my body?  I am a boy, not a girl.  Sorry tights, but you've had it.  I want nothing to do with you anymore."


I took those big sewing scissors, opened them up, positioned the waistband at the "V" and started cutting.  **SNIP** went the waistband.  I kept cutting down my leg, all the way to the foot.  I did the same for the other side.  It would be symbolic.  I am cutting myself free of these tights.  I will not be seduced by them any longer.  They are dead to me.  I let the fabric fall away, showing my naked body.  I then picked up the other "TITES" and prepared to do the same thing, when... I hesitated.  I knew that these were something I was rejoicing about just a few weeks ago.  My mother didn't want these tights, as they were squirreled away with other long forgotten clothes and would eventually be thrown out.  For all that could be said, they were mine now.  And yet, I have destroyed one of them already.  Would I be willing to do that to the other pair too?

I continued to hesitate... and then made a decision.

[to be continued]

5 comments:

  1. So many times in my life I have gone thru the purge cycle. The feelings of loneliness that lead me to those points in time and the hope of release that comes with the initial purge of your stash of tights. Seeking some sort of release...or was it really a some sort of acceptance that was really eluding me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be difficult to look back on it, as purges can be rather expensive! Also, the feeling of regret that something was tossed or destroyed long before it was worn out.

      I think it's different for each person. In my case, the release was more about fear of rejection. Being released from the fetish would mean nothing to confess and so nothing to fear about it being the cause of rejection. Oddly enough though, the greater the fear the more difficult the acceptance. Far better to play it off as a "kind of funny quirk" to laugh about with absolutely no fear of criticism, rather than cowering in fear of what your girlfriend or wife may think of you. But of course that's not an easy place to reach. The majority of women on first hearing of your liking to wear tights/pantyhose will be a kind of surprise/shock/disbelief. The immediate interpretation is that you might be gay. Can you blame them for what they don't understand? But then what comes next depends heavily upon the girl. Some would find it funny or cute, but not worried, while others would be shaken to their core and feel like their man isn't so much of a man.

      Delete
  2. "For them, it's just a garment not much different than underwear or socks."

    I used to think that for girls tights were just like socks but I have started to feel this is not the case..some of my thoughts for you to consider.
    I think they see tights as something more...Girls have no problem if you borrow their socks or they borrow yours..

    I think that girls see legs as a big part in defining females as females (similar to breasts) and tights enhance these feminine assests in two ways: 1 - by smoothing them out and making them more shapely and 2-by making them stand out / more obvious --- this is done for one primordial urge and that is to catch the eye of a man.

    When a man wants to wear tights, a females initial reaction is one of confusion and sometimes repulsion. As, unless the man is gay why does he want to enhance his legs? (Who is he trying to attract?) Which is the reason that by female standards it is fine to wear tights for cycling or ballet as their is a specific purpose..but just to wear them makes no sense..could even make them think "what the hell is going through this guys head!"

    Also it does not help that when a female searches tights and men to get a feeling if the notion is common -- about 85% of the hits come back of pervert showing his privates wearing tights, hence the general misconception amongst females that men who wear tights have a problem.This does not help those of us who want to wear just to wear and enjoy having them on..a bit like a favorite suit or a cap!

    Any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for posting! Refreshing to see another face. I somewhat relate to the borrowing of socks thing, although for the most part women's socks are usually designed with a feminine touch. With dress socks, it does become a bit androgynous. I remember one time a girlfriend of mine and I had done laundry together and some of her over-the-calf dress socks ended up with me. I didn't realize it until I went to put a pair on and quickly noticed two things: one, that the material was a softer nylon/lycra, and two, that there was no heel support. When I told her that I almost ended up wearing her socks for the day, she smirked at first but then said "well there's not much difference; I wouldn't have minded." And actually, once in a while when I'm at a discount clothing store, I'll swing by the women's section to see if they have any socks on sale. Often they are, and quite a bit cheaper than men's socks.

      I do recall one time when visiting some friends how the husband was wearing these rather brightly colored slouch socks. When I made a comment about how bright they are, his wife chimed in saying that they were hers, with a little chuckle. "Well, they are really comfortable and they fit me so," he said. I doubt she'd have the same attitude if he wanted to wear her tights, though. ;-)

      The thing is that while both men and women wear socks with everyday clothing, it's only women who wear tights for fashion. Until that changes, it's always going to look odd for a guy wearing them with his usual clothes, at least outside the home of an understanding woman.

      Some guys have a medical condition where they need leg compression, and tights do the job. Outside of that, why would a guy want to wear them under his pants? They do have a distinct feeling about them, but then there's also the inconveniences (namely no fly access and a waistband that rolls down). I've worn them under my dress slacks from time to time, but mostly when it's a very cold day. If it's warmer, then the tights become uncomfortable. I even tried pantyhose just to see, and while they were more comfortable with warmer weather, it wouldn't take long to start feeling like you'd rather have them off. Women have the advantage of wearing a skirt so there's all that extra air flow. So, why would a guy put up with that? I tend to believe that it's the feeling of having something feminine hugging you, not to mention the added pressure against the groin. And by the conforming nature of them, they feel better than anything else women wear (panties, bras, girdles, what have you).

      I prefer wearing tights without anything else on over them. You do get this amazing slick sensation when your legs brush together and either a cooling or warming effect depending upon the thickness and tightness. It can be an enjoyable sensation, non-sexually speaking. I can see why some women profess to enjoy wearing tights and pantyhose. It makes me smile to see plenty of women saying at the start of fall "You start feeling the chill in the air and then you know what that means--I get to wear my tights again. Yea!!" ;-)

      Delete
    2. One other thing I wanted to add... I also don't appreciate guys posting images of themselves with their naked groin exposed. Even if they're straight. It just sends the wrong message to unsuspecting women out there. If they search images for tights+men and get all of those unsightly photos, then it immediately creates an unsavory conclusion in their minds that is difficult to change.

      Delete