Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Making a comeback, above the waist

[I went through the rest of my college years without any further tights experiences.  Just that one I mentioned.  And then there came the transition point between college and first job.  I was living back at home and filling out job applications.  It was slow going, so I took a simple job for the summer at a local hardware store.]

* * * * * * * 

I was home one night having dinner with my folks while watching TV (something we didn't do very often).  There was some kind of special show on with elaborate dance numbers.  All kinds of amazingly fit dancers in skintight outfits were leaping about the stage with lights, smoke and pyrotechnics going off here and there.  And then, I saw it.  Something subtle but it caught my eye.



Over the years I'd seen plenty of shows with dancers donning tights and leotards in all kinds of patterns and colors.  Yet in this show I immediately noticed something different.  There was no seam for the leg opening of the leotard!  The girls were wearing some kind of leotard with legs seamlessly attached to it.  It sure looked like it to me--a complete tights and leotard all-in-one suit.  Wow, did that look cool!  And it seriously prodded my interest.  I had to find out what this was and if I could buy one for myself.


I took the dishes and silverware down to the kitchen and cleaned up.  Before going back upstairs I opened the phone book and jumped to DANCE WEAR.  Sure enough there were several listings in the yellow pages and some with big ads taken out. * Tights, * Leotards, * Unitards.  Unitards?  That must be it!  She was wearing a unitard.  I'd never heard of this before.


About a week later I drove into New York City, the borough of Manhattan.  I had a couple of addresses of dance wear stores.  One was Taffy's and the other was Capezio.  I went to Taffy's first.  This was a really nerve racking experience because I really didn't know quite what I was looking for.  A unitard with feet.  But who knows if there were other things I should know about it?  What if they ask questions I can't answer?  I entered the store and everybody seemed rather busy, so I was free to roam about.  All kinds of dance wear was hanging about the various stands lined up on the floor and hung on the walls.  I found a Men's section with packaged tights and leotards hanging on a display wall and started to look.  Everything there seemed to be the Capezio brand, which I didn't care for (I'd worn Capezio tights once and they weren't very comfortable).

"Can I help you?"

A young woman from the Taffy's sales staff was standing behind me.  She kind of caught me off guard and I hesitated responding for just a second; I didn't really have my "speech" prepared.  "Yes I need to get a unitard?"  "OK, what style and color?"  "Well, um... it needs to have feet and be in a blue color."  She looked at me for a moment, sizing up my body (I assume to figure on a size), and asked "Cotton or Lycra?"  "Oh yeah, um, Lycra."  "OK, come with me."  We walked over to another part of the store.  Over here there were long nylon garments hanging.  Some looked like footless leggings, leotards, and there they were, some unitards.  "What color blue do you need and how long a sleeve?"  "Um, whatever you have."  She looked at me a little puzzled.  I guess that people usually know exactly what color and sleeve length they want.  "For your size I think you'll need a large.  And we've got just one footed unitard in blue.  It's a lighter blue, with short sleeves.  Is this OK?"  Wow, there it was.  A footed unitard being held before me.  "Yeah, that looks like it'll be fine."  "You can try it on over here," as she guided me to the dressing stalls.  I get to try it on first!  "If you need any help with anything, just let me know."  "Thanks!"


So I enter the dressing stall.  Thankfully the door goes all the way down to the floor so no one can spy on your dressing activities.  I quickly took off my coat, pants, shirt, and left my underwear on (of course).  I gathered up one leg of the unitard and started sliding it over my foot.  The material is a rather shiny kind of opaque nylon and very stretchy.  Because this unitard is new, it had yet to be stretched so it's kind of tight but in a good way.  I get one leg on then proceed to the other.  "Everything OK in there?"  What?  I didn't think I was in here that long.  "Yeah, I'm OK thanks."  "How does it fit?"  "Seems fine.  I'll be out in a minute."  "Oh, alright then."  I guess with dancers it would be customary to have the sales help check out the fit.  I wasn't about to parade around in the store wearing a unitard!  I quickly took off the unitard, folded it up, and slid it back into the package.  I got dressed in a flash and emerged.  The girl who had been helping me was off by the checkout counter.  "So, do you need anything else?  A dance belt or maybe some shoes?"  "This will do fine thank you."  She was cute and clearly a dancer from her physique.  In another scenario I'd probably want to ask her out, but the purchase of the unitard killed any chance as far as I saw it.  She rung me up, I paid cash (a whopping $35), she handed me my change with a smile and "thank you".  With unitard in hand I quickly left.

Well there you have it.  A really amazingly cool stretchy footed unitard was now in my possession.  I drove home quickly without breaking the speed limit too much.  When I got there my mother and sister were already home.  I kept my special package well concealed and got it up into my bedroom.  I was all prepared to put on the unitard and have some fun, but my mother called to me asking for help with something.  I'd have to leave it for later...

* * * * * * *

Later that night, I closed my bedroom door with mounting excitement. In the dim glow of my nightstand Tensor lamp I got out the unitard, stripped nude, and put it on.



I can't even begin to describe what I felt.  The material was so stretchy, snug, and conforming all over my body that I felt so sexually charged.  I had a raging hard-on pushing firm against the soft tight nylon.  I feared that if I climaxed I'd make a mess of the unitard.  So I practiced taking it down over my waist a few times.  I realized I could pull up on the front with one hand while the other hand slides the shoulders off.  This unitard didn't have a back zipper so the open scoop front and semi-scoop back made it fairly easy to slide down.  I was glad I'd gotten short sleeves as long sleeves would have been tricky.  Anyway, moving my body underneath my covers accentuated the feel of the unitard.  It was so sublime and so invigorating.  I couldn't understand how anybody could dance in one of these things and not get sexually excited!  I had to climax as my body beckoned it, and my practice pulling down the unitard paid off.  I was able to hold the unitard material away from the wetness puddle now resting over my stomach and slide it off without a hitch.  I cleaned off my traces with tissue paper I stashed nearby.  I thought about how I paid $35 for these things, much more than for a pair of tights.  It was expensive but well worth it.  And yet at the same time it would make it much harder to destroy them.  This unitard was going to be with me a long while!

4 comments:

  1. Mmm to have a unitard and feel the fabric pulling tight across your body, love those feelings.

    When did you rename your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's an extraordinary feeling, something that really doesn't compare to tights. No waistband with the fabric just continuing on up the torso, all the way to the neck. If you ever get the chance be sure to get one. But don't buy the cheap-o kind made in and sold from China. They are terrible, not just in fabric quality but also in tailoring.

    The blog name hasn't been changed. I only reworded the intro title.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not tried the unitard yet but am definitely considering getting one.

      Have tried on bodystockings which give similar feelings and we have tried zentai full body suits. The zentai was fun, but I agree that I will need to invest in a better quality suit as the first one from China was of cheap fabric and poor tailoring.

      Ah, it was the intro title. I love to read your blog, thanks for sharing your stories.

      Delete
  3. I remember that Taffy's. I bought many items from them including my black short sleeve unitard by M. Stevens. In fact, I think I may have had the same attractive saleswoman. Sigh................. She was flirting, but I had no self esteem to ask her out.......... (SIGH)

    I still have a couple of Taffy's catalogues from the early 80's.

    ReplyDelete