Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Got tights?

Jennifer came over again yesterday, but she forgot the tights for me!  She wasn't wearing tights either.  I was sad about this.  I wanted to talk to her about tights some more, but her mother started looking at me when she heard me say "tights", so I didn't say anything more.

I am not happy with Jennifer.  But maybe it's her mom, not letting her take tights from the house.  Maybe Nina had some she'd forgotten, in a drawer or box somewhere else?  I went into her room and asked her about her tights.  [I was pretty bold at this point, because my mother had ridiculed me only once before.  I didn't consider that my sister might tell her about my "unusual" request.  Thankfully, she didn't].  I told her that I'd like to try on some and for her to show me which ones were the newest.  She showed me some white ones, but they looked small.  "They're my party tights."  I guess she wore these with a dress when she went to parties.  I was in my underwear, and so I took the tights and tried to put them on.  But the feet were too small.  I asked her to show me others.  "Don't stretch them out, OK?"  I rummaged around and found the maroon ones again.  I was on another growth spurt and these were fitting smaller on me now, so I wanted another pair.  Before I could even think of putting them on, mommy called up to us.  She wanted to take us shopping.  So we left.


In the supermarket they have an aisle for all kinds of tights and pantyhose.  I don't like pantyhose because they are too thin.  When we walked past the tights, I lingered, gawking at a package that looked like girls tights in a large size.  I didn't know what the numbers meant, but the higher numbers seemed to have a thicker package.  I lifted one up off the hook to look at it.   "Nyle!  Put that back!"  Uh oh.  I didn't realize mom had seen me.  I quickly put it back.  Before my mother could say anything more, some woman bumped her cart into ours.  Mommy knew her, so they started talking.  When they were done we went to another few aisles and then check-out.  I was glad that the woman bumped into her, because it made her forget about my looking at the tights.

I did not like this feeling of wanting and not being able to stop it.  If I had some tights that fit me well, I would be happy and the wanting would be gone.  But there were too many problems.  First, mommy is so against my wearing them.  And second, my sister doesn't have any tights that will fit me really well.  I could not think of a way to get any tights.  I started to believe that I would just have to forget about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment