Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Tights Request

I am so happy that Jennifer and her sister Julia came over for a visit.  Julia plays with Nina (my sister) and Jennifer plays with me.  Sometimes we all play together, but mostly Jennifer and I do our own thing.  It's weird.  She's a girl and she's my friend.  All of my other friends are boys.  She is almost like a sister to me, but I like her much more than Nina.  Nina can be so annoying sometimes.  She's not very smart either but she sure knows how to bug me.

Jennifer and I were in the playroom and doing some games together when I heard noises outside.  A couple of my friends were there!  They had bugged me earlier to play but I told them I couldn't, there was company coming over.  So they crept up all the steps to our house and went in the back to scout me out, those buggers!  I want to be alone with Jennifer, so I wish they wouldn't bother me!  So, we left the room and went into the den where the TV is.


Jennifer had on a pair of red colored tights, and to me they looked so great.  I asked her some questions about the tights.  I can't remember everything I asked.  I will try to remember [I really can't remember much, so I'll have to improvise and fill in gaps].

"Do you like wearing your tights?"  "Yeah, I guess so."  "Do they feel nice?"  "Yeah."  "I like how they look on you.  Do you think I could try them on?"  "I don't know.  I don't have anything else to wear."  "Oh yeah.  Do you have a lot of tights at home?"  "I have a bunch, I think."  "What colors?"  "I don't know, some orange, blue, purple, green, yellow, and these red ones."  "Do you think you could bring me a pair when you come next time?"  "OK, I guess so."  "Any color is OK, just pick the longest ones."  "Alright."  "Can you try to remember?"  "Yeah, I'll try.  Let's go play some games."  "OK!"

[Pretty funny, how this six year old thought to ask his play friend to bring him some tights, because his mom wouldn't buy him any!]

I was a little unsure about Jennifer being able to remember.  The last time I asked her she forgot.  Anyway, after the day was over and she was going home, I whispered in her ear "And don't forget the tights, OK?"  Maybe she will remember next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment